CHILD ACTIVITIES ROOM-FREE WITH A FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
Parents in a CCBA exercise area or program can take advantage of our Child Activities Room (C.A.R.) for children ages 6 weeks through the completion of third grade. The C.A.R. is a safe and nurturing place for your youngster to play and socialize with other children.
In order to provide a safe and fun environment for your child, we limit the number of youngsters who are in the C.A.R. This is based on the ages of children needing care along with staff availability. For everyone’s benefit, we may not admit a child because of illness, behavioral problems, or the number and ages of children already using the room.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Evening childcare hours will return in the fall.
Saturday 9:00-11:30 am
Childcare is FREE with a FAMILY Membership!
Member w/out a Family Membership: $6.00/child
Non member: $7.50/child
C.A.R. staff members have been chosen very carefully and have experience and/or education specific to working with young children. All staff are certified in CPR-FPR/AED and First Aid.
- The C.A.R. is for children whose parents are making use of the Witherell Recreation Center facilities. Parents must remain on CCBA property.
- Please label all belongings.
- Snack time is the only time we have a food break. If your visit does not coincide with this time, please feed your child ahead of time. We recommend nursing or feeding infants prior to drop off.
- Children 3 & older, or too big for the changing table, need to be changed by their parents. Parents will be called if their child becomes upset when being changed or taken to the bathroom.
- New members or those who haven't used the room in more than 2 months, please schedule an orientation.
- Drop-in only, no reservations please.
- 12 months and under may stay for a maximum of 90 minutes. Over a year old may stay for a maximum of 2 hours.
- For the health and safety of all children here, if your child shows sign of fever, illness or any contagious symptoms, please do not bring them into the C.A.R. Staff cannot administer medicine.
- Parents will be called to pick up their child if:
- Illness, fever, or diarrhea occurs-children may return after 24 hours, symptom free and no fever.
- Crying persists beyond 15 minutes.
- A child's behavior is unmanageable.
- Inclement Weather: Please check our website or Facebook page or call the Witherell Recreation Center for any updates.
We look forward to meeting you and your child! For more information or to answer any questions, see our brochure located in the Child Activities Room or contact Kayla Collins, C.A.R. Supervisor at 603/448-6477.