CHILD ACTIVITIES ROOM-FREE WITH A FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
You’ll workout a lot better knowing the kids are supervised and having fun! You can enjoy a worry-free workout with your child just a few short steps away!
Parents in a CCBA exercise area or program can take advantage of our Child Activities Room (C.A.R.). Children ages 6 weeks through the completion of third grade are welcome to join our fun filled schedule of age appropriate activities, stories, free play and outside time!
We ask that all new members or those that haven't used the room in 2 months, schedule a 10 minute orientation prior to using the room. This will help you and your child(ren) become familiar with the room, learn the day to day routine and meet our staff.
C.A.R. HOURS & COST
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday 9:00-11:30 am
Cost: FREE with a CCBA Family Membership
Member w/out a Family Membership: $6.00/child
Non member: $7.50/child
The C.A.R. takes pride in giving every child the focused care they need and keeping them engaged and safe. Our staff members have been chosen very carefully and have experience and/or education specific to working with young children. Your child will be supervised by a loving, attentive and responsible person at all times. All CCBA's employees and volunteers must pass a background check and are trained and certified in CPR-FPR/AED and First Aid.
In order to provide a safe and fun environment for your child, we limit the number of youngsters who are in the C.A.R. based on the number and ages of children needing care. We normally have at least 2 regularly scheduled staff on and are able to call in extra staff if we need to. If needed, we will create a waiting list and give you an estimate as to how long the wait will be. For everyone’s benefit, we may not admit a child because of illness, behavioral problems, or the number and ages of children already using the room.
- The C.A.R. is for children whose parents are making use of the Witherell Recreation Center facilities. Parents must remain on CCBA property.
- Please label all belongings.
- Snack time is the only time we have a food break. If your visit does not coincide with this time, please feed your child ahead of time. We recommend nursing or feeding infants prior to drop off.
- For your child's safety, no gum please.
- Children 3 & older, or too big for the changing table, need to be changed by their parents. Parents will be called if their child becomes upset when being changed or taken to the bathroom.
- New members or those who haven't used the room in more than 2 months, please schedule an orientation.
- Indoor shoes are mandatory if your child is walking. Please bring a clean pair of shoes or slippers (no winter boots please) for your child to wear while visiting.
- Drop-in only, no need for reservations.
- Children under 2 years old may stay for a maximum of 90 minutes. Children over 2 years old may stay for a maximum of 2 hours.
- Parents will be called to pick up their child if crying persists beyond 15 minutes, injuries or if their behavior is unmanageable.
- If Lebanon School District cancels school or has a delayed opening, we will open the C.A.R. at 9:00 am.
- Please check our website or Facebook page or call the Witherell Recreation Center for any updates.
The CCBA will make every effort possible to protect the health and safety of the children and our staff. We will exercise the right to deny admittance to any child who appears to be in poor (contagious) health. Please do not bring in your children if they have a runny nose, rash, conjunctivitis, swollen glands, nausea, diarrhea, sore throat, chicken pox blisters, or have experienced fever or vomiting within the last 24 hours. If you sign in to the C.A.R. and your child shows signs of illness – we will page you and ask that you sign your child out. Staff cannot administer medication.
We look forward to meeting you and your child! For more information or to answer any questions, see our brochure located in the Child Activities Room or contact Kayla Collins, C.A.R. Supervisor at 603/448-6477.