To help maintain a safe, pleasant and well-managed facility, the CCBA asks all members to observe the following rules:
1. Membership Cards: Members will show their card at the Front Desk every visit. Replacement Card/$5.00.
2. Safety Concerns:
New members must speak with a Fitness Instructor to schedule an orientation before training in any of the fitness rooms.
The health form questionnaire is used to ensure safe and appropriate exercise. Written medical consent may be required.
Patrons 18 years old and older are welcome to use the whirlpool or sauna.
All injuries, no matter how slight, must be reported to the Witherell Center staff.
Weapons are forbidden in or on any CCBA property.
Please NO skateboards, rollerblades, scooters or bicycles on any CCBA property.
3. Age Requirements:
Children 3rd grade - 6th grade are welcome in the facility on their own until 6 PM; after 6 PM, they need to be supervised by an adult. Children younger than 3rd grade need to be supervised in the building by an adult.
Pool: Swimmers younger than 3rd grade need adult supervision in the pool area; non-swimmers, regardless of age, must have an adult in the water with them.
Those 5 years of age or older are not allowed in the locker room of the opposite sex. Parents assisting children must do so in the children’s side of the locker rooms.
Youth Members grades 7 - age 15, can access the 2nd floor fitness areas after completing the Youth Strength & Conditioning Program that is included with your membership. Admittance to Group Fitness Classes are subject to the instructors’ approval. Youth ages 16 - 18 need to complete two demos with a Fitness Instructor.
Those in HS & younger must have a membership to access the 2nd floor - no youth “walk-ins” for fitness areas.
4. Cancellation Policy: CCBA credits can be given for documented medical reasons only. Memberships may be transferred for reasons of relocation once in the lifetime of the membership with a $50.00 transfer fee. Contact our Membership Director regarding transfers or medical extensions.
5. Locks and Lost Articles: The CCBA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Use of a lock is strongly recommended. Our lockers are for daily use; locks must be removed by the end of the day.
Shirts or tanks are required; sports bras alone are not permitted.
Non-marking sneakers in the gymnasium, tennis & racquetball courts. Shoes are required in the building.
Bathing suits -- no cut-offs-- in the swimming pool and whirlpool.
Goggles required for those under 18 playing racquetball. (Goggles are available at the front desk)
7. Food and Drink: Please keep food and drink in the game room. No gum chewing, no smoking, no
chewing tobacco or alcohol are permitted in any building or on any CCBA property.
8. Courtesy: Objectionable behavior can result in suspension of one’s membership.
9. Cell Phones: Cell phones are not allowed in the locker rooms or in any workout area.
- Each swimmer must shower and remove all bandaids and gum before entering the pool area.
- No food, drink, gum, glass, or shoes are permitted in the pool area.
- No horseplay, rough behavior, or acts that appear to be dangerous will be allowed.
- No air-filled personal flotation devices are to be used.
- No diving into any lap lane is permissible.
- Anyone using the deep end must be able to successfully complete a swim test administered by the Lifeguard.
- Whirlpool is to be used by persons 18 years of age or older only; whirlpool closes 30 minutes before the building.
- Pool closes 15 minutes before the building.
- Never dive into a lap lane and always enter lap lanes from the shallow end.
- Choose a lap lane by the speed of the swimmers and announce your presence to swimmers there.
- When more than two swimmers are in the lane, they must swim circles counter-clockwise.
- When passing a swimmer, tap the swimmer’s toes and pass at the turn.
- When a person taps your toes, pull to the right corner at the next turn and let him/her pass.
- If you need to rest, do so at the end wall.
- Do not cross lanes.
Indoor Cycling Rules and Procedures
Indoor Cycling orientation is required for anyone who has never taken a class at the Witherell Recreation Center. Contact Cheryl Bush, Indoor Cycling Coordinator to schedule an orientation. We will go over bike settings, the five basic skills used during class & the use of a heart rate monitor. Orientations are FREE and require only 30 minutes of your time.
- Water bottle(s) are required. Heart rate monitors are strongly recommended.
- Participants arriving more than ten minutes after the class has begun cannot participate due to safety reasons.
- Participants are asked to not leave early as a proper cool down period is required for safe exercise.
- Members can sign up 48 hours in advance of a class.
- Non members can sign up the day of the class.
- We do our best to be up to date, but CCBA guidelines, prices & offerings may change without notice.